Locations: Goondiwindi, QLD and Wee Waa NSW
- Commence January 2022
- Get a trade & earn while your learn
- Job security with locally owned business
About the role
We are looking for reliable and dedicated Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanics to repair and service agricultural machinery, trucks and/or construction equipment at Kenway & Clark Goondiwindi and Wee Waa.
As an apprentice diesel mechanic at Kenway and Clark, you will gain valuable experience and skills working on a wide range of heavy vehicles, including but not limited to the Case IH, Case Construction and Isuzu Truck brands, dependent on dealership location.
You will be supported in your work by qualified technicians and dedicated parts interpreters.
Benefits and perks
Some of the benefits you can expect are:
- being paid weekly,
- a tool allowance,
- generous monetary bonus for completion of each stage of the apprenticeship,
- opportunities for overtime with penalty rates,
- uniforms supplied.
Skills and experience
Our apprentices make a commitment to the on-the-job training and the formal training over four years. You will be dedicated in your completion of the Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology qualification and will apply your learning enthusiastically in the workshop and in the field.
- be self-motivated and a confident communicator,
- show initiative and be forward thinking,
- be able to follow instructions,
- maintain a neat and tidy appearance,
- show a genuine interest in learning,
- be prepared to work overtime when the need arises,
- preferably have completed, or be in the process of completing Year 12.
Travel is generally required to get to TAFE in the 1st year – each block running for 3 days once a month. In the 2nd & 3rd year of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend weekly blocks at Tamworth TAFE every 5-6 weeks.
A current drivers licence is essential.
2nd, 3rd & 4th year apprentices looking for the opportunity to work for Kenway & Clark are encouraged to apply as there are openings in a number of our locations.
To apply, please complete the online application form here.
Any questions about this opportunity can be directed to our HR Manager on
(02)6750-8300 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
GENUINE INTEREST ONLY. NO TIME-WASTERS, PLEASE.